There are plenty of snooker and pool halls in London and the surrounding district. Here we feature a selection of the best in terms of location plus the type of facilities they offer players.
Hurricane Room Kings Cross
The Hurricane Room Kings Cross has been totally refurbished recently making it one of the most up to date venues for playing snooker and pool in the district. Hurricane also offer a superb pub and poker lounge in with the facilities they provide which include
- Ten snooker tables
- Nine American pool tables
- Six English pool tables located in a separate room
The club is open twenty four seven which is great for players who can only visit the club at specific times, while it opens three hundred and sixty five days a year too meaning that at Christmas and New Year players can combine celebrating with their favourite pursuit!
Hurricane is a member's only club and it does welcome new members from all walks of life, while the choice of joining for the day or for a year is offered. Membership costs between £10.00 and £20.00 per year, day membership is £3.00 while becoming a member does have its perks that include
- Free entry to all Hurricane rooms (There are further clubs located in Acton, Collingdale and Tooting)
- Lots of members only offers to take advantage of
- Club entry after 10pm
- OAPs and Students offered special rates
Table hire costs £7.95 per hour, while those who are new to the game can find comprehensive instructions on how to play snooker and pool at the Hurricane website. The club is a mere two minutes walk from Kings Cross Underground, while there are also many bus services that pass by the club.
- Hurricane Room
- 368 Grays Inn Road
- Kings Cross
- WC1X 8BB
- Tele 020 7278 7079
Mile End American Pool and Snooker Club
The Mile end is located in Stepney with the closest underground station being Stepney Green District Line. The Mile End was established in 1999 and offers amazing facilities in a club that oozes atmosphere, while welcoming players of all abilities and ages. Facilities offered here are phenomenal and include
- Licensed bar and food provision
- Intelligent staff who know how to play snooker and pool
- Air conditioning
- Comfortable seating for those wishing to watch the game
- Plasma TVs in the playing area
- Five Titan Voyager nine foot American pool tables
- One Sams-K Steel nine foot American pool table
- Three full size snooker tables
- Pool and snooker cue shop
- Luxury lounge area
The Mile End hosts a weekly nine ball pool competition offering cash prizes for the lucky winners. The Mile End is a members only club, while details of how to join are available at the website. Junior players are welcome here along with students too, while both are offered membership at reduced rates.
Members may also sign two guests into the club which costs £2.00 per day per adult. The Mile End has everything players require in order to enjoy the game including snooker cues, pool cues and further accessories that are available in their club shop.
- Mile End American Pool and Snooker Club
- 229 Mile End Road
- E1 4AA
- Tele 020 7265 8506
Cousins Snooker and Pool Club
Cousins is a family run business with over twenty years' experience in the snooker and pool trade therefore know what it takes to run a club that players will feel comfortable in plus enjoy. Cousins is located off Holloway Road and has excellent transport links making it easy to get to, with some buses on this route even running twenty four hours a day.
So, what can players expect to find at Cousins Snooker and Pool Club? Facilities at the club include
- Ten full size standard Riley snooker tables
- Four full size professional standard steel block snooker tables
- One professional standard steel block snooker table in an enclosed room
- Two standard size English pool tables (Winner Supreme)
- One standard size English pool table
- Four standard size English pool tables (coin Operated)
- One full size American pool table
- Licensed bar serving drinks and snacks
- Free Wi-Fi
- Plasma TVs
- Comfortable seating
- Games machines
- Darts area
- Snooker cues and accessories for sale
Cousins also run a monthly pool competition with all players welcome to participate for a one off payment of £10.00. The prize money goes to the winner and runner up of the competition, while further details regarding visiting the club and fees can be found at the Cousins Website.
- Cousins Snooker and Pool Club
- 8-14 Seven Sisters Road
- N7 6AH
- Tele 020 7609 0038
Chiswick Snooker Club
Chiswick Snooker Club was established twenty five years ago and is located near Chiswick roundabout. This club is very family orientated and welcomes everyone whether they are experienced players or simply wish to join in with the clubs friendly atmosphere.
Chiswick is open seven days a week. Times can be confirmed via their website. So, what can members expect to see when visiting the Chiswick?
- Eleven full size Riley snooker tables
- Eight EPA pool tables
- Two large screen TVs featuring Sky
- Three games machines
- Video games machines
- Licensed bar
The Chiswick also caters for special events, socials and competitions plus offers are range of membership packages including
- Adults £17.50 per year
- Juniors £17.50 per year
- Families £22.50 per year
- Seniors £5.00 per year
- Opening registration fee £2.50
- Guests fee £3.00 per day
Hiring a single table costs £6.00 per hour, while hiring two tables costs £7.20. The championship cloth table costs £8.40 per hour, while all pool tables cost £1.00 per game. Once a month Chiswick holds their Handicap Snooker Competition, while further details regarding these and other offers can be found at the Chiswick website.
- Chiswick Snooker Club
- 111 Power Road
- London W4 5PY Tele 020 8995 8706
Shades Sports Bar
Shades is located on Deptford High Street making it ideal for those who live in Greenwich, Lewisham and Peckham. The club, established in 1983, boasts a fully licensed bar, air conditioning, flat screen TVs and darts facilities for those who like a diversion away from playing snooker and pool.
Shades offers superb amenities and facilities that are second to none and include
- Eight full size snooker tables
- Eight K-Steel American pool tables
- One English pool table
- Pro Shop with cues and snooker equipment
- Many sports screened on their TVs
Shades opens seven days a week three hundred and sixty five days a year with daily opening times from 4pm until late into the night. The club charges £10.00 for membership, while both snooker and American pool tables can be hired at £6.95 per hour with Coin operated English pool tables costing just £1.00.
Players who like to enjoy their sport in comfortable but stylish surroundings would do well to consider joining Shades as this club offers both.
- Shades Snooker and Pool Club
- 197-199 Deptford High Street
- DE8 3NT
- Tele 020 8692 4693
Harringay Snooker Club
This snooker club is a family run business that was established in 1991. The Harringay facilitates snooker, pool, billiards, table tennis and offers football table machines for members to have fun with. Members here can enjoy
- Luxury snooker and pool tables that are maintained to a very high standard
- Large halls offering a warm comfortable atmosphere
- Open seven days a week
- Open after midnight
- Food and drink served all day and night
- TV screens
- Members perks
It costs a mere £6.00 per hour to hire a table, while members gain free entry at all times. Located conveniently for Turnpike Lane and Haringey Green Lanes Stations the club welcomes members to book a table at Harringay via their website.
- Harringay Snooker Club
- 1-5 Salisbury Promenade
- N8 0RX
- Tele 020 8802 6259
Upton Park Snooker
Upton Park Snooker Club was opened in 1985 by two famous snooker players namely Jimmy White and Tony Drago. This prompted many famous players to come along to the club with White and Drago just two of the many famous faces that have visited Upton Park. The Upton is open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week three hundred and sixty five days a year. In other words it never closes!
The facilities at this prestigious club are amazing and feature
- Fifteen full size snooker tables
- Nine American pool tables
- 1 x ¾ size snooker table
- All the newest jackpot machines
- A cue shop
- Licensed bar
- Food and snacks
- Intercom phones at tables plus waitress service
The Upton is a members only club although two guests can be signed into the club by members who so wish. Membership charges are as follows
- One year single 8.70
- One year student £6.70
- One year junior £6.70
- Renewal £5.00 two years membership
- Guest's fees range from £1.50 to £3.00
There is a special membership package featured on the Upton website just now that offers a two year membership for £17.40 plus the member will receive a free snooker or pool cue worth £39.99 plus your first hours play is free! What a great offer!
Details regarding the cost of hiring a table or any special offers featured just now can be accessed at the Upton website. The club hosts regular competitions, offers a range of superb cues for sale, while a full list of the club rules is also featured on the website.
- Upton Park Snooker Club
- 358/362 Green Street
- Upton Park
- E13 9AP
- Tele 020 8471 3638